ResaleAI integrates with the Winmark DRS point of sale system. This integration is necessary for the RAI Buy process, for the automatic nightly email, for RAI reports and journal entries and more. ResaleAI connects to DRS with a software app called ResaleAI for DRS. ResaleAI for DRS must be running on the POS at all times.
In order to install ResaleAI for DRS you will need to be at a POS in your store. You will also need the username and password for your Owner account (usually based on the owner's first initial and last name).
Install ResaleAI for DRS Step-By-Step
- Log into a POS with your owner account.
- Open a browser and go to http://resaleai.com/install
- If you have DRS 7 or above, click the button for 2.0. If you have DRS 6.8 or below, click the button for 1.16.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you might have a window like this popup. Click "Run".
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you may need to click "Run" again.
- You may see an alert similar to this one from Symantec. What they really mean to say is - 'This software is the new hotness. You must be very cool to be installing it.'
- Click "Allow this file"
- Then on the Permission window click "OK"
- Now this is getting good! Click "Next"
- Click "Install".
- You may see a notice about installing .Net from Microsoft. If so, click through any dialog to allow it to install. (Sorry, no screenshot. We don't have a system without .Net installed)
- When you come to the completion screen below, keep the 'Import History...' box clicked if this is the first time RAI has been installed on any POS in that store.
- If your store has a long DRS history to import, you may see a screen like this showing the progress of the import.
- A login screen will appear for you to open ResaleAI on your POS.
- Also, you should see a small AI icon in your system tray at the bottom right of the screen. This lets you know that ResaleAI is running to connect DRS with ResaleAI. You can always click that icon to open a ResaleAI POS session.
- Note: If your store usually opens the POSs with the Store number account or the DRS login, you will still find the AI icon in the same place. And you can click it to open a ResaleAI screen.
- Repeat. Install ResaleAI for DRS on every POS at your convenience. Once you have installed on one POS, you don't need to have the "Import history from DRS" box clicked.
- Remember - if you need help, click the small chat bubble at the bottom right of any ResaleAI screen. We will be there to help you.