After releasing our Bookkeeping Assist Integration (QuickBooks Assist & Automation), we've spent the past few days fine-tuning the process. Aside from addressing some performance matters and a couple of bugs, we've also tacked on a tweak or two to the UI. It's amazing how far some live production feedback goes into producing a tool that's well adapted to the job it's designed to accomplish. Check out the list of changes and don't hesitate to drop us a line if you notice anything we should be aware of!
Bookkeeping Assist (QuickBooks)
We reworked the way the QuickBooks Chart of Accounts and Classes are imported. There is no visual component to this, but it's significantly faster and more efficient.
- We added validation to the QuickBooks Desktop Connection creation form.
- Swapped the calendar and journal view on the Review tab
- Fixed a bug that prevented QB Desktop journal entries from being created consistently
- Fixed a bug that prevented QB Desktop journal entries from being logged correctly
- UI tweak: Decreased the width of the sidebar
The expanded sidebar was taking up too much precious screen space (in the Account Settings view, for example). We've reduced the width of the sidebar by 1/3 and are loving the extra working space.
There is now an option to receive a notification email if DRS is not connected.