Watch this video:
Read instructions here:
Inside the box you’ll find the scanner, its cradle, a power cable, and a Quick Start Guide.
This scanner can replace the existing scanner at the POS computer. Before you get started, you may want to first remove the existing scanner and set it aside.
The cradle needs to be plugged into the computer at all times, but the scanner itself is wireless. The scanner will need to charge by sitting in the cradle for a short time before it will work wirelessly.
1. Plug the cable into the bottom of the cradle.
If you flip the cradle upside down, there is a rectangular cutout for the cable.
Plug in the non-USB end that looks like an ethernet cable.
2. Plug the USB end of the cable into the POS computer.
3. Set the scanner into the cradle and leave it to charge.
It will need to charge for at least 10-15 minutes before you can pick it up and use it wirelessly. While charging, you can still use the scanner by holding a tag in front of it to scan
In between transactions, set the scanner back into the cradle so it stays charged.
Testing & Configuration
1. Open a text editor, like Notepad or a Word document, and scan any regular tag.
a. Make sure you see the SKU appear on screen.
b. If you don’t see the SKU, make sure the cradle is plugged in properly. Try setting the scanner back into the cradle and holding a tag in front of it, to see if it will scan in the cradle.
2. Next scan the barcode above several times in a row. The goal is for each SKU to appear on a different line. If they look good, skip to the next step. If they appear on the same line, adjust the settings as described below.
Follow the steps below to adjust the scanner settings:
a. Open the Quick Start Guide that came in the box (or click to open and view or print)
b. Find the section titled “Useful Bar Codes” (page 10 in the link above).
c. Scan the barcode that says “Add Enter Key”. The scanner should beep after you scan.
d. Place the scanner back in the cradle for a few seconds to let it update and save the changes.
e. Go back to your text editor, and scan a few more barcodes. Ensure they are split up onto separate lines.
f. If they still are not, try the steps again and be sure to dock the scanner after you scan “Add Enter Key”
3. Next test scanning a driver’s license. Go back to your text editor, and scan the barcode on the back of a driver’s license.
a. You will scan the more complex barcode that looks similar to a QR code.
b. After you scan, make sure you see a block of numbers appear on screen to indicate it scanned successfully
4. Open DRS, and scan a few SKUs to make sure they register appropriately
5. Open ResaleAI, and go to the Buy page. Scan a driver’s license anywhere on the screen, and see if it pulls up your information.
a. Ensure you scan the larger barcode. For some states, it may work better to cover any other barcodes with your hand as you scan the correct one.
b. If it doesn’t pull up your information, try refreshing the app. Click the “+” button on the Buy page and then scan. (Note that you don’t need to click in the search bar, you can just scan!) If you have issues, reach out to our team directly to assist.
Now you are set up and ready to go!