Benefits of the POS scanner and the RAI Flex
Both options can do the following:
- Scan a driver’s license to expedite the buy check-in process
- Scan the barcode on a buy slip to pull up that buy’s details at any time, whether it’s to add pass reasons, to reference the notes as you present an offer, or to audit a closed buy
- Scan the barcodes on backstock bins to quickly update multiple bins at once
POS scanner details
The POS scanner is a 2D scanner that can replace your existing scanner at the POS computer. In addition to scanning regular tags, it can do all of the things listed above!
So a POS scanner is an easy way to add additional functionality at any POS.
Note about backstock: The scanner is wireless, so you could carry it to your backroom and scan multiple backstock bins there. However, you would need to walk back to the front to update the bins on the POS computer. No one would be able to use the POS as you are scanning bins, as it has to be on the Backstock page in RAI as you scan.
RAI Flex details
Since the Flex has a built-in scanner, it can do all of the same things as the POS scanner listed above.
One additional feature is the ability to check in a buy away from the POS computer. You can check-in from the Flex, and it will create the buy in DRS. The buy labels will print to the receipt printer at a POS, but someone else can be using the POS (and you can select which to use to print).
The device can also be used flexibly around the store for other purposes. For example, an employee can walk the sales floor and check off tasks, or add notes. Or a buyer can use the device to add notes and pass reasons if they are sorting away from a POS computer.
It will also be an ideal solution for backstock, as you can use it in the backroom to quickly scan and update the location for multiple bins at once. You can also use it offsite if you add a SIM card with cellular data.
Pricing is $600 for one device or two for $1000. There is a flat service fee of $20/month for up to two devices. (Each additional device is $500 with a $10 service fee)
To order, go to our website and look for the "Products" tab. Enter the desired quantity, and it will take you to a payment page.
Which do I need?
Both devices can work in conjunction. For a high volume store, you may choose to have a POS scanner at multiple POS computers, and several Flex devices to use around the store.
- If you are limited by not having enough POS computers to check-in, you would want a Flex device to check-in away from a POS
- If you have a lot of backstock bins on hand, a Flex device will be the best solution to scan and update multiple bins
- If you are mainly interested in scanning driver’s licenses, you can start with just one POS scanner at your main check-in computer
You can add a POS scanner easily at any time by ordering on Amazon. To order a RAI Flex device, reach out to our team!