ResaleAI integrates with the Winmark DRS point of sale system. This integration is necessary for the RAI Buy process, for the automatic nightly email, for RAI reports and journal entries and more. ResaleAI connects to DRS with a software app called ResaleAI POS. ResaleAI POS must be running on the POS at all times.
In order to install ResaleAI POS you will need to be at a POS in your store. You will also need the username and password for your Owner account (usually based on the owner's first initial and last name).
Install ResaleAI POS Step-By-Step
- Log into a POS with your Windows owner account.
- Open a browser and go to https://resaleai.com/install
- Click the button "Download ResaleAI 2.5.5" or "Download ResaleAI 2.19"
Important Note:If your POS's are on Windows XP, you should click the button that says "Download ResaleAI 2.5.5".If your POS's are on Windows 7 or Windows 10, you should follow the steps in this article instead.Not sure if your POS's are on Windows XP or Windows 7 and above? Check out this help center article.
If you run into any issues while installing, troubleshooting steps are at the bottom of this article.
- If you are using Internet Explorer:
- You might have a window like this popup. Click "Run".
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you may need to click "Run" again.
- A download will start, you will see it on the bottom left of your browser. Once it has downloaded completely, click to open it.
- You may see an alert similar to this one from Symantec. What they really mean to say is - 'This software is the new hotness. You must be very cool to be installing it.'
- Click "Allow this file"
- Then on the Permission window click "OK"
- You may see a popup like this. Click "Run"
- Click "Yes"
- Now, this is getting good! Click "Next"
- Click "Install"
- You may see a notice about installing .Net from Microsoft. If so, click through any dialog to allow it to install. (Sorry, no screenshot. We don't have a system without .Net installed)
- When you come to the completion screen below, keep the 'Import History...' box clicked if this is the first time RAI has been installed on any POS in that store.
- If your store has a long DRS history to import, you may see a screen like this showing the progress of the import.
- Also, you should see a small AI icon in your system tray at the bottom right of the screen. This lets you know that ResaleAI is running to connect DRS with ResaleAI. You can always click that icon to open ResaleAI POS.
- Repeat. Install ResaleAI POS on every POS at your convenience. Once you have installed on one POS, you don't need to have the "Import history from DRS" box clicked.
Note: If you get a message that says that you must be logged in to Windows as the administrator in order to update, that means that you are not logged in to the correct Windows account. Click the start menu, then Log out, then log back in with the administrative Windows account.
Note: If you get a message that says that ResaleAI is still running on this POS, make sure that you have exited out of the ResaleAI POS app, as well as ResaleAI Sync. ResaleAI Sync is a small icon with an "ai" in it on the bottom right of your taskbar. To close it, locate the icon, right-click with your mouse and click "exit".
If you have any questions or challenges while performing this install, visit support.resaleai.com