Buy check-in basics
Check out this article that walks through the basics of how to check in a buy in the beta app.
But, if you are starting Sign to Sell for the first time, there are a few additional things you need to know:
- When you check in a buy through ResaleAI, it will create a new buy in DRS for you. Your team no longer needs to create a buy in DRS manually
- The customer will get an initial text message with a link. They will click the link to submit their information from their phone
- New customers can enter all missing information, and returning customer can confirm their details and sign on their phone
- If they don't have their phone, the employee can enter their information on the POS and ask the customer sign the paper receipt
- You can also let the customer know they will receive a text message once their buy is complete
- A receipt slip and bag labels will print out after the buy is checked in.
- It prints from your existing receipt printer, so you don't need any additional hardware
- You won't need to continue using the paper sign-in sheets, or paper labels
- You will tape the printed labels onto the bags, and can use the initial receipt as the main "buy slip" for record-keeping
- The buy number in ResaleAI will be the last 3 digits of the transaction number in DRS
- When your buyer is ready to start the next buy, they will refer to the Open buys in ResaleAI
- They can see which buy is next in the queue, and find the bags on the shelf with that buy number
- They will click "Start sorting" to let their team know which buys are in process
- When they are ready to begin entering, they will switch to DRS and find the buy that already exists
- In DRS, hit F2 to look at the open buys. Click on the right buy, hit "Edit," and begin entering!
- If there are two customers with the same name, select the buy with the right transaction number
- After they finish entering, they'll go back to ResaleAI to mark the buy complete
- They can add notes and mark their reasons for taking or passing on items. They can also send the customer a text message letting them know their buy is ready
- After marking the buy complete, they can see which is the next buy in the queue
- When a customer picks up, the employee can find the buy under the Complete page to view the offer and any notes
- They will still go to DRS to cash out the buy normally, but can refer to RAI to see the buyer's notes or pass reasons
- The buy will automatically drop off the Complete page after it is cashed out or voided in DRS
- Scanning a driver's license will be the fastest way to check-in buys, so we recommend trying that even if you don't currently require an ID number to sell
- The scan can pull in the customer's name, which reduces the information that has to be entered manually. And when they return, you can scan to quickly find them and start a new buy!
- To purchase a POS scanner that is capable of scanning driver's licenses, see this article
- Make sure your team doesn't create another buy in DRS out of habit!
- If they add a new buy in DRS, it will also show up in ResaleAI (and then there will be two buys in RAI for that customer, which can cause confusion)
- If they accidentally create a new buy, they can void the one they created
- Be sure to click "Start sorting" as they begin working on a buy, and mark the buys as complete once they are finished. This helps make sure the queue is always accurate!
- If you previously used ResaleAI to text customers when their buy was ready, but never used Sign to Sell to check in:
- Be aware that buys will now show up as soon as they are checked in (not later after they begin entering)
- This may take some getting used to, as there will be more buys showing and not all are in progress yet
Settings required before you begin
There are a few other settings you will want to configure when you first get started. The settings aren't in the beta app yet, so you'll need to sign in on app.resaleai.com to adjust the settings in the original version.
1) Sign to Sell configuration
- Go to settings in the existing app (not beta), and click "Labs" in the settings sidebar
- Click the small settings wheel next to "Sign to Sell"
- Here you can choose whether or not you will require an ID # every time*, and you can customize the buy policy that the customer signs
*Note - you can still scan driver's licenses without having this requirement turned on. If they ever started a buy without scanning, it wouldn't ask them for an ID #. When that setting is on, they would have to type in an ID # manually if they did not scan a license to begin.
2) DRS initials
When an employee checks in a buy, it will use their DRS user to create the buy. For that to work, you have to map the ResaleAI employee to the DRS employee one time.
If someone tries to check in and they do not have the DRS initials set up, it will cause an error!
- Go to settings in the existing app, and click "Employees" in the settings sidebar
- Check to see if all employees have their DRS initials set (on the DRS column)
- If the DRS initials are missing, click to edit the employee
- Select their name in the "DRS Initials" dropdown list, then save
- If their name is not in the list, make sure they have a DRS user account. If so, reach out to our team!
3) Prewritten text messages
- Go to settings in the existing app, and click "Texting" on the sidebar
- Here you can set up quick text messages to send to customers when their buy is complete
- We recommend having at least one "Buy Complete" message and a "Reminder" message
- For examples of prewritten texts, check out this article