Please note that you may see items appear on the "Products" page in your Shopify admin, but not show up in your online storefront.
First, make sure the item did upload to Shopify by checking your Shopify admin.
In Shopify, click "Products" in the menu, and review the "All products" page. You may need to sort "Created newest first" to check for recent items.
If items aren't there, trying uploading again with CamRAI.
If they are there, see below for troubleshooting tips.
1) Publishing products to your store channel
- Check whether the items say "Unavailable on all sales channels" below
- Items should be published by default, but there is a checkbox titled "Available on Shopify" in CamRAI that will create a product without publishing it. It's possible that could have been de-selected by accident
- If the item is unavailable, select the product, then click "More actions" at the top and choose "Make Available"
- Now your products are published to your store!
- If there are many unavailable products, you can select them all and update all at once
- You can also click "Availability" to find all items that are "Unavailable on Online Store"
2) Shopify Collections
Collections are the groupings in your store that display to customers. Items won't be easy to shop or find if they aren't grouped in a collection.
If you're using automated collections, items must meet certain criteria to go to the right place. These conditions are often based on the item's tags. It's possible that the tags CamRAI uses when you create products do not match the exact tags your collections expect. This causes the item to not show up in the right place on your site, and you would need to edit the item to add the correct tags.
NEW! CamRAI collections
To avoid issues with items not sorting properly in your own collections, we have created a large set of collections that we can add for you!
There will be collections for most DRS subcategories, and they are optimized for our system of tags. This way you don't have to keep track of the criteria for all your collections and make sure items have the proper tags.
You can choose which collections are featured on your site or are linked to your menu.
If you choose to create your own collections instead, see more information below:
There are two kinds of collections: Manual and Automated
- If your collections are manual, you'll need to select products individually and add them to the right manual collection.
- If your collections are automated, products must meet certain criteria to show up in the collection - this is usually based on conditions such as the product "type" or tags
- Example: a collection called "Womens Tops" might bet set up to include all items with tags of "Womens" and "Top"
- If an item meets the criteria, it will show up in the right collection automatically! But if an item does not meet the criteria, it will not show up. You cannot add an item manually that does not meet the conditions.
- When you start using CamRAI, it will add tags and assign type as you upload items. But these tags or type may not line up with the conditions on your existing collections. If you make products available, and still don't see them in your storefront, that is likely why.
- You may need to review how your collections are set up, and adjust them to work with our system of tags and types. To review your collections:
- In Shopify, click "Products" on the side menu, then "Collections"
- Review the conditions that apply on your collections
- If your collections are based on the product "Type", the product type CamRAI uses may not match. If you change the collection to be "Tags" instead, it may work better.
- If you need to edit the tags on your items in bulk, see this article. If needed, our team can send you a list of all tags applied to all products.
- If you don't want to create and maintain your own collections, read more here about the collections we can create for you for all your subcategories! These are designed to work with our specific tags