There may be times when you want to update many products at once to add a new tag or remove a tag.
This will be particularly relevant for Once Upon a Child stores. The collections we create for you will require a gender tag to categorize items correctly.
Going forward, you can select the "Boy" or "Girl" checkbox as you upload an item in CamRAI, and it will get the correct tag. But you may need to update your past products to add those gender tags, so all your existing items go to the right place too.
Follow the instructions below:
Bulk updating tags in Shopify
- In Shopify, click on the Products page and stay under "All Products"
- Use the checkboxes to select the items you desire
- Click "More actions" and click "Add tag"
- Enter the tag you would like to use, and click save
- OUAC stores - be sure to use exactly "Girls" or "Boys", with a capital letter and no apostrophe
- Wait until you see a message that all items have updated before you take another action. It can take a few seconds to process
- You can also use this process to remove a tag, if needed. Just choose "Remove tag" under "More actions"
- You can click through page by page and update any items you need, or you can search or filter to find particular products
- Click "More filters" on the Product menu. You can filter to see all items of a particular type, items that already have a certain tag, or items that are already in a certain collection, and then update tags for only those items
- For example, you could filter to see only a particular product type, update all those items, and move to the next product type that you need to update
- If you apply a filter, there may be many results. If there are more than 50 items, be sure to click "Select all 50+ products" to the right to make sure you select everything that matches your filter
Updating from one tag to another
- If your items already have a certain tag, but you need to use a different tag, you can quickly update them all at once
- Filter by "Tagged with" and type in the tag your items currently have (Make sure you use correct capitalization as the tag must be exact)
- Click the checkbox to select all items
- If there are more than 50 items, be sure to click "Select all 50+ products" to the right to make sure you select everything that matches your filter
- After all items are selected, click "More actions" then select "Add tag"
- Type in the new tag you want to add, then hit enter
- Click Save, and wait to see a message that all items were updated. It can take a few seconds to process, so don't take another action until it finishes
Editing other product details
- After you select many items, you can also click "Edit products" to go to an editor
- You can click "Add fields" to select another product detail to edit
- For example, you may want to edit the "Title" of several items at once
- Make any changes you desire, then click Save
- Be sure to wait until you see a green checkmark by all items and a pop-up letting you know all items have been updated. If you click away while it is still processing, it will not finish updating the rest of the products