Step 1 - Update ResaleAI on a POS
Before you begin the Shopify integration, you'll need to update to the newest version of ResaleAI, version 2.18.
You only need to do this on one POS computer. But it must to be a Windows 7 or 10 computer. This version is not compatible with Windows XP. (If you are unsure which you have, check here)
To update, follow the steps below:
(if you hit an issue, there are troubleshooting steps at the end of this section)
1. Log into Windows on the POS with the admin/owner account.
2. Go to the Start menu.
3. Go to All Programs (or if you're on Windows 10, just search)
4. Locate the ResaleAI folder.
5. Click to open the folder, then click 'Check for Updates'
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to update ResaleAI to the newest version.
7. You're done! If you look "ResaleAI v 188.8.131.529 (or higher) on the very top bar of the ResaleAI app
The next time you open the ResaleAI app, it will ask if you want to use the beta version of ResaleAI.
If you were previously using the beta version, click 'Yes'. If you were using the original version of ResaleAI, click 'No'.
(If you accidentally click yes and you meant to click no, refer to this article.)
1) Administrator error
If you get a message that says that you must be logged in to Windows as the administrator in order to update:
- Click the start menu, then Log out
- Log back in to the POS with the administrative Windows account. (This is usually the owner login.)
1) ResaleAI is still running error
If you get a message that says that ResaleAI is still running on this POS, make sure that you have closed out of the ResaleAI POS app, as well as ResaleAI Sync.
- ResaleAI Sync is a small orange "ai" icon in the bottom right of your taskbar.
- Look for this icon - you may have to click an "up" arrow to see it.
- Click on the "ai" icon, then click "Exit".
- Close the main ResaleAI app too, if it is running. Then try the installer again, and it should work!
Step 2 - Import your Inventory
Once ResaleAI version 2.18 is installed, you will need to import your inventory. Follow the steps below to do that:
1. Go to the Start menu.
2. Go to All Programs (or if you're on Windows 10, just search)
3. Locate the ResaleAI folder.
4. Click to open the folder, then click 'Sales History Import'
5. A black box should pop up.
- Type "N" and hit Enter when asked to "Import sales history"
- Then type 'Y' and hit Enter when asked to "Import inventory items"
6. It will give you a time estimate to import all of your SKIs from DRS. Let it finish running!
Do not close out of this box as it processes. It can take up to an hour or two.
You can move on to Step 3 as this is processing, but you will have to wait until it has finished before you can begin scanning items. Be sure not to close that box as it runs.
Step 3 - Connect ResaleAI to your Shopify store
Follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser and go to app.resaleai.com
2. Sign in with an owner or manager login
3. Click on the upper-right menu and click 'Settings'
4. On the main Settings page, scroll down and look for Shopify under "Integrations"
5. Click on the 'Shopify' logo, then click "Add a Shopify shop"
6. Review the instructions that appear on screen. Follow those instructions within Shopify (screenshots shown below)
7. Open a new tab and sign in to your Shopify store
8. Click to Apps in the left menu sidebar
9. Scroll to the bottom and look for 'Manage Private Apps', click on that.
10. Click 'Create a New Private App'
11. Name the app ResaleAI and enter the email firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Scroll to the Admin API section. Click to review all permission, and add the right ones
You will want to add the following permissions: (All must have "Read and write" access)
- Products, variants and collections
- Product information
- Orders, transactions, and fulfillments
- Order edits
- Merchant managed fulfillment orders
- Gift cards
- Discounts - Discounts GraphQL API
- Customer details and customer groups
Add these permissions, then save.
13. Once you save, scroll down to the Admin API section again, and copy the Example URL
14. Go back to where you are signed in to ResaleAI. Look for the Setup pop-up box from earlier.
(If you've closed it, click on the Shopify logo in ResaleAI's settings, and click "Add a new Shopify shop" again)
15. Select your store in the dropdown box (item 9)
16. Paste the Example URL from Shopify (item 10)
If you need to copy the Example URL again:
- Sign in to Shopify, and click "Apps" in the menu.
- Scroll to the bottom to click "Manage private apps."
- Click "ResaleAI" to edit, and scroll down to the API Admin section. Copy the Example URL, then return to ResaleAI and paste.
17. Make sure that you see the active Shopify connection on the ResaleAI settings screen, and you're done!
Now you're ready to scan!
You must wait until the Sales History Import box on the POS has finished running before you can begin scanning.
Check to see if that is still processing. If it's complete, you're good to go!