Step 1 - Update ResaleAI on a POS
Before you begin the Shopify integration, you'll need to update to the newest version of ResaleAI, version 2.20.
If you are already on the latest version of ResaleAI, you can skip to Step 2.
To update, follow the steps below:
(if you hit an issue, there are troubleshooting steps at the end of this section)
1. Log into Windows on the POS with the admin/owner account.
2. Go to the Start menu.
3. Go to All Programs (or if you're on Windows 10, just search)
4. Locate the ResaleAI folder.
5. Click to open the folder, then click 'Check for Updates'
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to update ResaleAI to the newest version.
7. You're done! If you look "ResaleAI v 18.104.22.1684 (or higher) on the very top bar of the ResaleAI app
The next time you open the ResaleAI app, it will ask if you want to use the beta version of ResaleAI.
If you were previously using the beta version, click 'Yes'. If you were using the original version of ResaleAI, click 'No'.
(If you accidentally click yes and you meant to click no, refer to this article.)
1) Administrator Error
If you get a message that says that you must be logged in to Windows as the administrator in order to update:
- Click the start menu, then Log out
- Log back in to the POS with the administrative Windows account. (This is usually the owner login.)
2) "ResaleAI is still running" Error
If you get a message that says that ResaleAI is still running on this POS, make sure that you have closed out of the ResaleAI POS app, as well as ResaleAI Sync.
- ResaleAI Sync is a small orange "ai" icon in the bottom right of your taskbar.
- Look for this icon - you may have to click an "up" arrow to see it.
- Click on the "ai" icon, then click "Exit".
- Close the main ResaleAI app too, if it is running. Then try the installer again, and it should work!
Step 2 - Import your Inventory
Once ResaleAI version 2.20 is installed, you will need to import your inventory. Follow the steps below to do that:
(NOTE - You only need to do this once, on one POS computer)
1. Go to the Start menu.
2. Go to All Programs (or if you're on Windows 10, just search)
3. Locate the ResaleAI folder.
4. Click to open the folder, then click 'Sales History Import'
5. A black box should pop up.
- Type "N" and hit Enter when asked to "Import sales history"
- Then type 'Y' and hit Enter when asked to "Import inventory items"
6. It will give you a time estimate to import all of your SKIs from DRS. Let it finish running!
Do not close out of this box as it processes. It can take up to an hour or two.
You can move on to Step 3 as this is processing, but you will have to wait until it has finished before you can begin scanning items. Be sure not to close that box as it runs.
PLEASE NOTE - Sometimes the progress bar can appear to get "stuck" at the very end. This is okay. If it seems frozen at the very end (after it has been processing for several hours, and there are only ~300 SKIs remaining) you are good to close out, and it will import any remaining items in the background.
Step 3 - Connect ResaleAI to Your Shopify Store
Follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and go to app.resaleai.com
- Sign in with an owner or manager login
- Click on the upper-right menu and click 'Settings'
- On the main Settings page, scroll down and look for Shopify under "Integrations"
- Click on the 'Shopify' logo, then click "Add a Shopify shop"
- Review the instructions that appear on screen. Follow those instructions within Shopify (screenshots shown below)
- Open a new tab and sign in to your Shopify store
- Click to Apps in the left menu sidebar
- Click on "Develop Apps" near the top right corner of your screen
- You should now see an "App Development" pop-up. The top portion of this pop-up is titled "Start developing custom apps on your store."
Below that box, click "Allow Custom App Development"
- In the pop-up that appears (you should see a big exclamation point icon), click "Allow Custom App Development"
- You'll be directed back to this App Development page. In the top right corner, click "Create an app"
- Create an app by inputting this information into the fields shown. When finished, click "Create app."
- You should now be viewing the next steps with "App Development > ResaleAI" at the top of the page. Within the box that's titled, Select your access scopes to get started, click "Configure Admin API scopes"
- Under the Configuration tab, you only need to check off the options shown in the images below.
Note: Your list will most likely not have all of these options next to each other; you may need to skip a few options to select these.
The options you should have checked are read/write for the following:
- Merchant managed fulfillment orders
- Order editing
- Product listings
- Once you have those options selected in the Configuration tab, click "Save"
- Then, in the top right corner of the page, click "Install App"
- This pop-up will appear; to confirm your installation, click "Install"
Our team needs a few things before we can officially set up your Shopify integration on our end: an API Access Token, an API Secret Key, and your Shopify Domain. The next few steps will guide you through how to retrieve that information; you will send us this information via Email (email@example.com).
- Under the API Credentials tab, within the Admin API access token box, click "Reveal token once"
- Your API Access Token will then be revealed. Simply copy and paste this information into somewhere safe to send later, or paste it right into the Email you plan to send to our team.
- To view/retrieve your API Secret Key (not the top API Key), click the eye icon to the right of its box.
Your API Secret Key will then be revealed. Simply copy and paste this information into somewhere safe to send later, or paste it right into the Email you plan to send to our team.
- Now, it's time to retrieve your Shopify Domain.
Your site may use a custom domain that looks something like "shopplatosclosetcoolsprings.com," but there is usually also a "Shopify-managed domain" that ends in .myshopify.com. The "Shopify-managed domain" is the version of the domain that our team will need!
To locate/retrieve your Shopify domain:
- Sign in to your Shopify admin account
- Click "Settings" in the bottom left corner
- In the left settings menu, click "Domains" (towards the bottom of the list)
- Under Domains, look in the bottom section for "Shopify-managed domains" (usually it ends in .myshopify.com)
- Simply copy and paste this information into somewhere safe to send later, or paste it right into the Email you plan to send to our team.
- Send our support team an Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your API Access Token, an API Secret Key, and your Shopify Domain, and our team will follow up with you once our integration setup process is complete!
You have successfully integrated your ResaleAI with Shopify on your end!
If you experience any issues/difficulties, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team by Emailing email@example.com .