Here are steps we're taking at our stores to implement curbside dropoff and pickup. We'd love to hear other ideas or options you've rolled out!
We will update this article soon with templates and other information.
- Place cones or signage to block off one or two parking spaces - Some options are sturdy outdoor parking signs here and here, or cheaper sandwich signs here
- Print large signs to put on the door (order and pick up from Staples/Fedex)
- Signage will say: Call or text 123-456-7890 for curbside service
- If using ResaleAI, you can find your texting number within settings. Look on the "Store settings" tab under "Call and Text number" (if someone calls this number, it will route to your regular store phone)
- Consider the team's availability - Will you offer curbside pickup during certain dedicated hours only, or can customers come by any time?
- Decide on the process - Can customers pay for items when they arrive (employee takes payment inside to process, then returns with items), or do they need to pay via Paypal invoice before arrival?
- For safety reasons, may have employees go out in teams of two
- If pickup gets busy, ask the customer for a description of their car. If it becomes difficult to coordinate, one option could be to use a calendar to set up dedicated pickup times. Text the customer a link so they can select the best pickup time and day. Youcanbook.me and Simplybook.me are options for calendars
- Update the website - Add a banner at the top linking to the Event page with an update on new processes in-store
- Post on Instagram and Facebook to let customers know that they have the option for curbside pickup
- Share on Instagram stories and consider saving as a highlight
- Let them know you will be ramping up the number of items posted on social media available for purchase. See suggestions for Live events, personal syling, etc. Consider asking customers in polls on Instagram stories what product they would like to see featured
- Consider emailing customers and/or sending a Fivestars text to notify them of the curbside option
- For all items purchased through social selling, keep bags in a dedicated location.
- If payment has already been received, staple the bag shut and staple the receipt or a label to the front
- Consider putting each order in a Plato's bin. Label the bin with a sticky note on the front with the customer's name, and keep in rough alphabetical order
Please sign in to leave a comment.