- Update website - Add banner across the top that links to the Events page with an update on changing policies
- Post announcement on Instagram and Facebook
- Share as an Instagram story, and consider adding a highlight for COVID-19 updates
- Notify your team of the change, and be sure to inform each customer before you check in their buy
- Example verbiage to use with customers: "Currently, we can only give store credit for all items purchased. We will return to giving out cash as soon as we can. We appreciate your understanding as we are a locally owned small business, and are trying to continue operating during these chaotic times. The store credit is valid for up to a year, so you can swap your unwanted things for great new pieces."
- Update the buy policy that customers sign on their phone if using ResaleAI (see how here), so they are agreeing to the terms of store credit
- When customers agree to the offer, hit “Store credit” instead of “Cash” in DRS
- Be sure to organize your store credit receipts in-store
- Store credit slips are bundled alphabetically by Last Name and grouped with a paperclip
- We use a divided accordion folder to hold the bundles. Each tab holds a few letters of the alphabet
- Name is highlighted on the slip to be easier to see
- If you are doing curbside service, consider sending a confirmation text message to customers after their buy has been processed to store credit
- Pre-written text message options: (See how to adjust here, and more suggested messages here)
- Store credit confirm - "We've processed your order as store credit. The $____ is valid for one year at this location. We can look up the credit in-store under your name when you redeem"
- (NOTE: The employee would click the "+" button, then edit the text to type the amount before they send)
- Thank you msg - "We will let you know when we’re open again for normal shopping. Thank you again for supporting our local business, and we wish you good health"
- After things return to normal, you can run a Store Credit Report in DRS
- You can then send text messages to customers who received a store credit to let them know the store is open for normal business, and that they have credit available to shop
Please sign in to leave a comment.