- Select dedicated team members to be personal shoppers - those who have a great sense of style and excel at customer service
- Depending on their availability, have set days and times available for personal styling appointments
- For appointment bookings, consider setting up a calendar page where customers can select a day and time - Youcanbook.me and Simplybook.me are two options for calendars
- If using a calendar, add a link to the calendar on your Instagram and Facebook pages, and possibly also your website. The team will need to keep track of booked appointment times
Advertise to customers
- Post on Instagram and Facebook to advertise the service
- Share an Instagram story advertising the service. Consider adding a story highlight so users can review this info at any time
- Ask customers to direct message you on Instagram or Facebook if interested in personal shopping
- Prompt customers for information. Example:
- What sizes do you wear? (Tops, Bottoms, Shoes, if applicable)
- Are you looking for a certain type of item today?
- Favorite brands?
- Age range: Teen, 20s, 30s, 40s and beyond
- How would you describe your style? (ex: casual, trendy, classic, minimalist, boho, edgy)
- Anything you really don’t like?
- Anything else we should know?
- Let the customer know we have dedicated days and times when stylists are available. Recommend settings a specific expectation: A stylist will spend around 30 minutes shopping for you, and will send you pictures of up to 12 items. If none work out, no worries!
- Employee will shop the store and send pictures to the customer. You may have a dedicated store phone (such as an older model iPhone) that the team uses to send texts and/or do video calls
- If the customer is interested in purchasing, the employee can create a Paypal invoice. The employee will ring up the purchase appropriately when payment is received. The customer can come pick up the items within 24 hours
By video call:
- The customer sets up a time for a call with a stylist
- They will fill out a brief style profile in advance, and the stylist will have a few items ready. Recommend setting up expectations for employees (ex: spend 15-20 minutes and pull 8-10 pieces)
- During the call, the stylist will present the items and get more feedback (often using FaceTime to video call) They can also shop the sales floor again and find additional options during this time
- The goal is for the call to be around 30 minutes, not to exceed an hour
- Make the customer feel comfortable and excited to shop. Don’t pressure them to purchase. If they don’t find anything this time, let them know that we will have many additional Instagram posts and stories featuring top products and that they can shop these from home, and purchase via Paypal to pick up or ship
- Be sure the team member shops accessories, jewelry, and shoes! Focus on a few key pieces, if they specified they’re looking for dresses, tops, etc. - But then add on that to make an outfit
Please sign in to leave a comment.